Drake being bossy

Yacky

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2020
Wyoming
So as my ducks are getting bigger, now at 7 weeks old, I am noticing that one of them is constantly picking on one and being bossy towards her. I am almost positive that I have 2 drakes and one hen. Poor hen can't even swim in the pool without being bullied. She just bobs her head in the water from the outside of the pool. So I am wondering if this is normal or do I need to get rid of the one drake or is it ok to have 2 drakes and one hen.

I am so frustrated!! I went out to the coop this morning and there was some blood on the ground. I noticed blood dripping from the hens blood feathers. At least I think that is what they are. I will post the pics I have. So I got ahold of her and cleaned her up the best I could for now and applied flour on the wound. I now have her in a cage by herself but still able to be close and see the others. The bleeding has stopped and she seems contend with her own water and food. Wondering if I should try to pull the wounded quill out. I am here by myself right now till hubby gets home later on from work. Just bewildered on what to do. Are those blood feathers in the pic? Pic was taken earlier this week.

Attachments

• 20200602_133323 (2).jpg
    20200602_133323 (2).jpg
    748 KB · Views: 11
If the bleeding has stop she will be fine, what concerns me is the angel wing she has going on. Her wings are going to need to be wrapped.

Can I use first aid gauze and first aid tape. I dont have vet tape. Do I just tuck it under the bigger wing. Sorry just a newbie trying my best. Not sure on certain names for the wings. Should I put Blu-Kote on the wound also

Back
Top Bottom