Drake bullying dog?

Colley12

Songster
Aug 26, 2022
Oregon
The beginning of the week I noticed my flock following my Golden retrieveraround the yard when he let him out to do his business. I thought it was cute they were all getting along. My golden is pretty easy going and has left the ducks alone.

Fast forward to this morning, I let the ducks out, gave them their morning treats, waters...the normal routine. Then I let Scout (golden) out, and stood at the door to watch. They all followed him like usual, but alot more talking from the flock. He did his business, then tried to come back to the door and the flock ran in front blocking and the lead drake kind of came at him. My golden gave him a look, like "I don't think so duck, you got to be kidding me." He stepped toward him but not aggressively.

Luckily that drake is going this weekend to his new home. I've heard of drakes getting nasty, and he has been nasty to my other drake. But bully dogs? I feel like that's a recipe for my dog wanting to attack them. And right now they have a great relationship...

Originally we were going to get rid of the other docile drake, but my kids flipped and wanted to get rid of Blackie, the meanie now. Seems like that is going to be a good idea. I know my other can become nasty too once the leader leaves, but I wonder if Blackie is being such a meanie because he has competition too? Just thinking out loud, since I'm new to all this.

Back
Top Bottom