drake or duck

Listen to his/her quack. Low and raspy are boys and loud and higher pitch are girls. Also, I have a 13 week old drake who just got his curly feathers in. In a couple weeks, if it's a boy, you should notice curly feathers on his/her tail. Hope this helps!! Beautiful duck!

thank you! She/he is pretty quite unless i pick him up. will do tomorrow to see if i can tell the difference.
That's how my drake is too. :) Also, If you kinda look under the feathers near the tail you might notice curly feathers starting to grow in already. :)

That's how my drake is too. :) Also, If you kinda look under the feathers near the tail you might notice curly feathers starting to grow in already. :)

Thanks i picked him/her up he/she still didnt make a sound.LOL!!!!!Just sort pf panted. will try to ck under the tail tomorrow.

Thanks i picked him/her up he/she still didnt make a sound.LOL!!!!!Just sort pf panted. will try to ck under the tail tomorrow.
Usually girls are more load than boy. If it never quacks or is very quiet I would say it's a boy but I don't know for sure until you see curly feathers. :)

Some of mine won't quack until I pick them up and carry them away from the flock. My Pekins were very trusting, and even though they didn't actually like to be picked up, it didn't set them off quacking, either.

Some of mine won't quack until I pick them up and carry them away from the flock. My Pekins were very trusting, and even though they didn't actually like to be picked up, it didn't set them off quacking, either.
lol I really wish mine would quack more! I love hearing their quack! :)

Back
Top Bottom