Drakes bullying drake

JNC

Songster
May 5, 2020
Kendallville Indiana, US
I have three drakes, two pekins and a Rouen and on female khaki Campbell. My two pekins are being extremely mean to him to the point he flies out out the gate. I tried putting my khaki out with him but my pekins are really attached to her and start getting stressed out. Hers out the gate by himself I out food and water out for him but it breaks my heat that my drakes are being this mean what can I do to stop this?

Sadly it's the time of year when hormone levels are high. Keep an eye on your female. It is very likely that they will start gang breeding her.

Part of it could be because we are coming into spring but it may also be because they are Peking’s. I have three females and they seem to like to pick on others when they arnt out numbered. They even go as far as goosing the geese as the geese walk by!

How old are they?

Spring coming means drakes act like drakes.

With your female already showing a bald spot I would suggest you separate the males from her. They can kill her pretty easily given they are much larger breeds than she is and the hen to drake ratio is not in her favor.

How old are they?

Spring coming means drakes act like drakes.

With your female already showing a bald spot I would suggest you separate the males from her. They can kill her pretty easily given they are much larger breeds than she is and the hen to drake ratio is not in her favor.
Yes we have found a new home bu even with other ducks I feel like they will still be mean to her. I’m going to have to separate my drakes from my khaki Campbell and Rouen. I will keep my Rouen with my khaki even though it breaks my heart because when I did this my Pekins looked stressed out and were just walking back and forth the gmfrnce trying to get to them :(

Yes we have found a new home bu even with other ducks I feel like they will still be mean to her. I’m going to have to separate my drakes from my khaki Campbell and Rouen. I will keep my Rouen with my khaki even though it breaks my heart because when I did this my Pekins looked stressed out and were just walking back and forth the gmfrnce trying to get to them :(

It's breeding season. Being separated from the only female they COULD access IS frustrating for them. It is however MORE dangerous for her to be ganged up on by them. For her safety they have to be apart.

You might want to keep an eye on the Peking’s to, with them separated they might mount each other. I had that happen last fall, not fun. Easy to treat but I don’t want to go through it again.

How does that look like? Does it look like they are trying to mate one another?
Yes. Sometimes they will do this regardless of gender to show dominance but if one starts trying to mate I would separate them. If he is successful it can get messy.

Back
Top Bottom