Drastic humidity drop during lockdown

How do you go about assisting if you don’t mind me asking? Just gently chipping away at the shell? Should I do that in a steamy shower bathroom or something lol? I have never had to assist before so I am learning.
Have you read this?
Guide to Assisted Hatching for All Poultry

Guide to Assisted Hatching for All Poultry

Preface If you need immediate instructions on how to assist a hatch, you may skip this section and go to the next one, where the instructions are. To start with, I want to address the fact that some people think assisting during a hatch is wrong. I respect the decision to not help during a...

Yesterday our humidity was too high, 80%. Got it down to 60% and left it alone. Well, we woke up to 15% humidity and three external pips. There’s only one peeping, and no progress for 4 hours.

Looking like we shrink wrapped them? I’m feeling pretty bad right now, if there’s any way I can help them I’m open to ideas. Membranes are white not brown.
This is exactly what happened to me and my ducklings!! What did you do? Were they ok??

This is exactly what happened to me and my ducklings!! What did you do? Were they ok??
I had two external pips, which would have occurred probably sometime yesterday between 6am and 6pm. Last night, the humidity was 75%, and then 6 hours later it was 15%. Don’t know how this could have happened. Are they going to make it? I’ve heard some peeping + there’s a little movement from one of the pipped eggs. How do I know when to help?

Back
Top Bottom