Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Pics
Maybe those pills are a good thing Jim. Sleeping through the night is a wonderful thing.
You got that right. I even feel like I have some ambition today.
I went and cut enough rhubarb for a pie. for first year rhubarb, those plants are really growing.
I took stalks from every other plant and only picked from half of the patch. I can see another pie in my future.
I found another grape that is vining. It can be staked up any time now. these next few days of warm weather should wake up a lot of plants.

It might be too early to make a conclusion, but these muscle relaxer pills seem to work. Yesterday I took quite a long walk and my lower back did not hurt from it. Now I have to work on my breathing. I am so short winded. That is something new for me.
I am enjoying the rhubarb pie. Nobody else here eats it. So I have to do it myself.
today I am going to make my first T post support for a grape vine.
I hope this idea works.
there is potentially seven more that I will have to make if the grapes ever start to grow. they were all planted last year. so I don't know if they made it through winter.

Sounds very nice not to have low back pain. I guess your doctor knows what he's talking about.

I'm always surprised how out of shape I am coming out of winter. Take it easy Jim.

Not sure what I'm doing today. Kinda hum drum outside. Probably just plant a few annuals into pots I bought yesterday at Wal-Mart. I was shocked how much plants went up in price. Might need to start more next year. 7 dollars for 6 petunias was a bit ridiculous.

Yep, everybody is gouging , even the flower people. I bought some bags of cow compost from Hsu's today. Even Chinamen are gouging. Last year the same bag was about six dollars. today it was eight dollars. They must be feeding the cows more expensive feed. lolol
I couldn't get into the ambitious mood today. I need the sun. I did piddle around outside and got a little bit done, nothing major though.
maybe tomorrow.

I put a T post together yesterday. I am not satisfied with it. So today I took it apart and went to plan B. It turned out much better. I have one grape vine tied to it. only seven more to go.
Only from now on I am going to use
U posts.
Annie finished up mowing the lawn today. Just in time to start all over again.
I am going to fire up the grill for the first time this year. Only three of us here to eat. I am going to use all apple wood.
enjoy the day.

Too hot and humid for me. I don't feel well. Allergies are kicking my butt too. Never had them like this before. I'm hiding in the house with the air conditioner on.

We had gone earlier to drop off my car for repair, and than went to Fleet Farm and Menards. Spent too much like always, and bought a couple of blueberry shrubs to put in pots, and another boxwood.

We just home from Menards.
I bought four U posts and 8 eye bolts.
the rebar fits snugly through the eye of the eye bolt. perfect.
8 8 F when we got home. I am enjoying the A C too.
the wind feels nice outside.
We had blueberries until the black walnut trees killed them. Same with a long row of asparagus.

I grilled a dozen brats yesterday.
used just apple wood. let me tell you,
apple wood makes a hot fire.
when I went to turn the brats, the drippings caught on fire. Instead of turning them, I just raked them to the unheated end of the grill. They got plenty well done, and quickly..
but we saved them. There was nobody here except me and Annie to eat. We eacg had another one for supper.

Sounds like an exciting barbecue experience. Those brats sure can make troubles.

I'm going to plant my cucumber seedlings today, and probably plant some pumpkin seeds, and squash. This weeks weather looks nice for humans, but worse for gardens. I'll take it.

I hope your planting went well. It sure got hot today.
Annie located the grapes for me and I put a U post by each. (4 of them) after we got done, it hit both of us, the posts are in a straight line.
I will take pictures.
Annie is cleaning out the lean to on the back of the garage.
I want to park the tractor in there when it comes home.
At one end is a chicken coop that we want to clean out and use for storage. Why do we store so much ?
tomorrow I want to do some fertilizing of rhubarb and grapes.
It will be cooler for working outside
for the rest of the week.

Back
Top Bottom