Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Pics
My foamed tire experiment flopped.
the foam didn't work it's way around the tire. I am done messing with it.
the feed mill I used to go to had it's own blend of layer feed. It worked well for me.
they also would mix a blend of your choice.
I have to get the garlic skapes cut.
no choice in the matter. they all have full curls already.

Was hoping the foam would work; I might have tried it here on a wheelbarrow.

Good luck with the garlic.

I have spent my morning mixing up organic fertilizer, putting chicken wire cages around the honeydew plants that were FINE at 6 and missing leaves by 8, applying neem oil to the grape vines, mixing up flock fixer for the poultry and cleaning a couple of coops.

Now, I'm more than ready for breakfast!

We got an inch of rain yesterday. Was surprised because the weather guys were saying not much. Won't need to water for the rest of the week.

We buy our feed at Fleet Farm. Seems to be the best available in this area. Most of the feed mills went out of business around here. Used to be one in every town.

Do you eat the scapes Jim? Garlic has been like a weed for me. It spreads everywhere in my garden. Dill too.

We got an inch of rain yesterday. Was surprised because the weather guys were saying not much. Won't need to water for the rest of the week.

We buy our feed at Fleet Farm. Seems to be the best available in this area. Most of the feed mills went out of business around here. Used to be one in every town.

Do you eat the scapes Jim? Garlic has been like a weed for me. It spreads everywhere in my garden. Dill too.
Last year I did not save any skapes.
today I saved all of them, going to try to make pesto and freeze it in ice cube trays.
I am not going to get fancy with it.
just add some olive oil and send it through the blender.

Last year I did not save any skapes.
today I saved all of them, going to try to make pesto and freeze it in ice cube trays.
I am not going to get fancy with it.
just add some olive oil and send it through the blender.
Sounds delicious. I have troubles these days digesting garlic and onions, so I don't grow them or make use of them very often these days. Back when I grew a ton of garlic we would pickle them. It was a lot of work, but they were delicious.

Back
Top Bottom