Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Pics
Eileen Metzger ,
Anjanet, I bought a Meramma LGD from Eileen Metzger . She had a farm in Iowa.

It is a long shot, did you know of her ?
Zeke was the father of the puppy in my avatar.
I do not know if her.

Nice day outside today, breeze is lovely.

I laid new mulch last week and since then I have had minima weeding to do, which is nice.

I picked up some strawberries, cucumbers and cherries at the farmers market and then took the youngest to a park for a bit.

Now just sitting outside while she plays on the trampoline and listening to the birds.

I do not know if her.

Nice day outside today, breeze is lovely.

I laid new mulch last week and since then I have had minima weeding to do, which is nice.

I picked up some strawberries, cucumbers and cherries at the farmers market and then took the youngest to a park for a bit.

Now just sitting outside while she plays on the trampoline and listening to the birds.
Whoops, wrong girl, wrong location ,I meant Barbara , who lives in Iowa.

I don't know her, either. Sorry.

Right now, I am listening to the sound of thunder and am quite hopeful there will be rain soon. It was allegedly supposed to begin raining at 2 -- and thanks to the cat yowling loudly -- I was awake then and there was not a raindrop to be found.

By 7 a.m., there was more than a half inch in the rain gauge! But, then the rain stopped.

It's supposed to be in the mid-90s today, so this afternoon should be steamy.

Thistles are the worst, aren't they? I start trying to dig them out, get frustrated by the sheer number and eventually just run the small mower over them, creating short-but-dangerous stems.

By 7 a.m., there was more than a half inch in the rain gauge! But, then the rain stopped.

It's supposed to be in the mid-90s today, so this afternoon should be steamy.

Thistles are the worst, aren't they? I start trying to dig them out, get frustrated by the sheer number and eventually just run the small mower over them, creating short-but-dangerous stems.
I do not like thistles. I am old enough so that I can remember threshing . We had to shock the oats to allow it to dry. It was always hot and we had to wear long sleeved shirts because there were thistles in the oats. the shirts didn't even help that much.
our thistles are along the ditch by the road. it is the town's duty to keep the ditch mowed, but they don't always get right at it. Then the thistles blossom and seed.

Yesterday's rain made for a really steamy afternoon and evening. I tried to work outside, but after just minutes, I was sweat-drenched. So, I made a few chicken-wire cloches to protect my precious tiny green bean plants, then I came inside and read a book -- cover to cover.

Had a watermelon in the fridge, pulled it out and distributed slices to all the poultry. More heat to come; it's predicted to be 90 degrees at 7 p.m.

We had what my one friend called a farmer's rain. nice and steady, not too hard . No amount of watering can compare to a good rain.
I dragged the old Husqvarna zero turn lawn mower out. I have to get a tube for one tire. Can't find my floor jack, so I will hoist it with Ollie's loader bucket.
Annie bought me six tennis balls.
I will poke holes in them and put them on the ends of the rebar cross arms on the grape trellises. Don't want anybody getting poked .
The last rhubarb pie had quite a few tough strings in it. Good roughage.
it is up to the mid 70's already this morning. going to be a muggy one.

Back
Top Bottom