Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

Well now I'm sick. I'm hoping I can beat it back before it gets too big of a hold on me. Drinking tons of green tea, and eating my oranges. I see my small batch of lettuce is ready for picking today. That may be the end to my ambitions for today. Garden probably needs watering too.

Well now I'm sick. I'm hoping I can beat it back before it gets too big of a hold on me. Drinking tons of green tea, and eating my oranges. I see my small batch of lettuce is ready for picking today. That may be the end to my ambitions for today. Garden probably needs watering too.
I feel for you! I got sick last Monday and it just won’t leave!!!:barnie I manage a few garden chores in the morning when I let the chickens out until the coughing and the nose blowing gets to be too much. I’ll try green tea.

I feel for you! I got sick last Monday and it just won’t leave!!!:barnie I manage a few garden chores in the morning when I let the chickens out until the coughing and the nose blowing gets to be too much. I’ll try green tea.
Hope you too feel better soon. :hugs

I suspect we've all done things that would make OSHA folks have breakdowns. Sounds like way too many square knots; at least your young, nimble fingers probably recovered a lot faster than they could/would today.

There's nothing wrong with flimsy excuses, Jim. I used a lightweight excuse to be lazy again yesterday. It FINALLY rained here, and although there are still outdoor projects I could work on in the garage (like making the frames for the screens I want to put on one of the coops), I didn't.

The rain came down hard here, but none of my rain gauges is showing even a half inch. Twelve miles away, in Fort Dodge, the streets were flooding with multiple inches of rain and the county was under flash flood warning.

When I took out the dogs a little while ago, I saw lightning flashes, so maybe there's more rain on the way. If so, at the very least, I could use today to do some housework. Rain means I can probably expect to have some mowing time soon.

Hope everybody here who's been under the weather, so to speak, is feeling much better!

Sounds like everybody's on the mend, which is great.

Hey, Jim, haven't heard from you for a while. Everything okay?

There's been no rain, the grass is really dry. The air is hot and humid, and it's loaded with flies, mosquitos and gnats. Welcome to summer in Iowa!

I have been furiously trying to do outdoor projects because there are so many and the window for getting them done is so short (late spring, hot summer, early fall, frigid winter).

On a happier note, the garden is doing well, thanks in part to me hauling water out for it, and I've spotted the first tiny, green cherry tomatoes. And, the peonies are starting to bloom; the smell of peonies always takes me back to the ones my mom had when I was a kid.

I am still here. We went out of town for an annual picnic
with three other couples..
I made cowboy beans. Another guy brought two different
kinds of home made sausages. Another guy brought different
kinds of venison sausage and eggs and a six layer veggie hot dish.
Another guy brought several bottles of his home made wines.
Rhubarb/strawberry and plain rhubarb .
plus veggie and fruit plates and dip.
this was out twelfth year,,

Back
Top Bottom