Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

I'll be under winter storm warning tomorrow with up to 12 inches of snow. It changes to a blizzard warning on Saturday with temps below zero. All the forecasters are saying the same thing -- and I hope they are all wrong!

I doubt they are, so I'm really hoping my snow blower is up to the task. I bought premium gas and got it started today. It didn't want to run and took a lot of persuading.

I'll be under winter storm warning tomorrow with up to 12 inches of snow. It changes to a blizzard warning on Saturday with temps below zero. All the forecasters are saying the same thing -- and I hope they are all wrong!

I doubt they are, so I'm really hoping my snow blower is up to the task. I bought premium gas and got it started today. It didn't want to run and took a lot of persuading.
Hope everything works out for you with your snowblower. I'd be so lost without help. I admire your spirit. I'd probably get snowed in and stay that way.

All this dreary weather is bringing on my winter depression. Finally pulled my full spectrum light out today. Although with the cold temperatures to follow this snow I bet that Sun will come out and shine.

5 am, not snowing yet. but Mark H did say it would start at around 6.
waiting for my coffee to get done.
GS works at a Starbuck's. He brings us a bag of their beans when he comes for Christmas.. kind of a pain grinding it, but it is good. I remember 8 O'Clock coffee from the A@P ..

Barb, I hope your snow thrower behaves for you.
Yesterday we came home from town and discovered our driveway was plowed.
Is that ever a nice feeling..

ETA:
6 AM and it is snowing. Mark was right. Mark is our weatherman on
channel 7.

Last edited:
No point in even trying to start the snow blower until the blizzard warning expires. The snow isn't terribly deep yet, but the wind is endless and visibility is extremely limited.

Lisa, thanks for admiring my spirit. But at this point, it isn't much better than my attitude! There are days of crappy weather ahead, and if I didn't have outdoor critters, I would just snuggle under a blanket on the couch, read and/or watch TV until the weather breaks.

Hope your full spectrum light makes you feel better!

I am feeling a bit better today Barb. 2 days of using my light for about half hour is helping. Feeling a bit more optimistic

I think the weather is play catch up today and into next week. We were getting a bit too spoiled. Next week should be an adventure getting out to my critters. Dogs will probably have to stay in for part of the week.

I got up and got dressed to shovel the ramp so I could take out the dogs -- who refused to go out last night into the blizzard.

The ramp always drifts in; this morning the biggest drift was waist-high. Although both dogs left the house, they ran back in without doing their business.

About an hour later, the big one, George, decided he really had to pee and began his nervous circling in the living room. He refused to go all the way down the ramp, but managed to somehow wiggle through between the uprights of the railing. I am so proud of George because he clearly had an extremely full bladder.

I carried Dinah out, but she ran back to the house the second I put her down.

Not looking forward to doing more chores. Still under blizzard warning until 6 p.m. The wind chill warning continues throughout the weekend.

I got up and got dressed to shovel the ramp so I could take out the dogs -- who refused to go out last night into the blizzard.

The ramp always drifts in; this morning the biggest drift was waist-high. Although both dogs left the house, they ran back in without doing their business.

About an hour later, the big one, George, decided he really had to pee and began his nervous circling in the living room. He refused to go all the way down the ramp, but managed to somehow wiggle through between the uprights of the railing. I am so proud of George because he clearly had an extremely full bladder.

I carried Dinah out, but she ran back to the house the second I put her down.

Not looking forward to doing more chores. Still under blizzard warning until 6 p.m. The wind chill warning continues throughout the weekend.
Wow !

Lots of snow here. Husband is out trying to plow and shovel it all. Feel guilty watching from the house. Wind is picking up, so hopefully most of it stays plowed. With the decreasing temperatures tomorrow it will turn to concrete and be hard to move. I'm already missing those no snow days we were blessed with through December.

It is minus 17 degrees, the wind chill warning goes through noon Tuesday. The blizzard waning expired at midnight. Winds are allegedly only 16 mph now. There were gusts up to 45 mph yesterday.

The ramp is drifted in again, just as high as before and now in two places, and it is going to be much harder to shovel, crusty-frozen now instead of fluffy.

George was pacing when I got up at 4:30 and with some persuading, he peed outdoors. Both dogs finally could not hold out anymore and did their business indoors yesterday afternoon while I was out doing chores. I couldn't even get mad at them; I was just relieved that they finally went ANYWHERE.

I hope that when I go out to do chores, everyone is okay. Snow blew into all but one coop yesterday and even into my basement -- completely past two doors and onto the landing for the stairs. Never seen that before!

This weather is brutal.

Back
Top Bottom