Dreams Have to Start Somewhere

ParkerGirls

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 30, 2014
My name is Joelle, but most people call me Joey. I was raised in a big city in Florida, but moved to a small town in Virginia when I was 15. My parents are complete opposites, and that's why they have been divorced my whole life. That's how I went from being a straight up city girl, to hating almost everything about the city.

Moving to Virginia has shown me an entirely new way of living. It has also provided a loving husband! We will be moving into a cute little farmhouse in March/April of 2015. That is where I will finally start this dream I have formed since I was 15. A little hobby farm. Who knows where it will lead?! I love surprises.

I have been very impressed with this site so far. I hope to learn a lot about how to get my dream started. I think the first adventure we want to take will be with chickens, and then slowly move on to bigger things. I believe chickens will be a relatively easy start. So, I am very excited to become a part of BYC! :)

Some claim Chickens are the gateway drug to bigger things like, ducks, geese, goats, emus. Advance carefully and watch where you step.
gig.gif

Welcome to BYC, Joey. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm glad things have taken sure a good turn in your life. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any breed preference for your chickens?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Definitely stop by our learning center for all kinds of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry, including building the coop, picking the breeds, raising the chicks, and keeping your adult flock happy, healthy and safe from predators. Kelsie has left you with the link.

Great to have you here and if you have any questions, that is what we are here for. Welcome to our flock!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I will definitely be checking out the Learning Center.

Back
Top Bottom