Dreams Have to Start Somewhere

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ParkerGirls, Sep 30, 2014.

1. ParkerGirls

ParkerGirls New Egg

Sep 30, 2014
    My name is Joelle, but most people call me Joey. I was raised in a big city in Florida, but moved to a small town in Virginia when I was 15. My parents are complete opposites, and that's why they have been divorced my whole life. That's how I went from being a straight up city girl, to hating almost everything about the city.

Moving to Virginia has shown me an entirely new way of living. It has also provided a loving husband! We will be moving into a cute little farmhouse in March/April of 2015. That is where I will finally start this dream I have formed since I was 15. A little hobby farm. Who knows where it will lead?! I love surprises.

I have been very impressed with this site so far. I hope to learn a lot about how to get my dream started. I think the first adventure we want to take will be with chickens, and then slowly move on to bigger things. I believe chickens will be a relatively easy start. So, I am very excited to become a part of BYC! :)

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Some claim Chickens are the gateway drug to bigger things like, ducks, geese, goats, emus. Advance carefully and watch where you step. [​IMG]

3. Rosecomb Lover

Rosecomb Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Canada
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Welcome to our cluckative flock in the world of BYC! Best of luck with your first flock![​IMG]

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  5. 2boys1homestead

2boys1homestead Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2014
    Pewamo, MI
    Congrats! It sounds like a nice life that you have found! Good luck with the chickens and I'm sure our paths will cross posting here on the site!

6. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

X2 on the learning center link provided by Kelsie.

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Joey. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm glad things have taken sure a good turn in your life. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any breed preference for your chickens?

8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Definitely stop by our learning center for all kinds of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry, including building the coop, picking the breeds, raising the chicks, and keeping your adult flock happy, healthy and safe from predators. Kelsie has left you with the link.

Great to have you here and if you have any questions, that is what we are here for. Welcome to our flock!

9. ParkerGirls

ParkerGirls New Egg

Sep 30, 2014
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I will definitely be checking out the Learning Center.

10. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by