Dressed up for a halloween party instructions added

AhBee01

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
yo. ohio
I went to a really cool Halloween party with my DH and DS tonight and dressed up. DH didn't dress up, my DS did but I couldn't get him to stay in one spot long enough for a pic!!!
The party was rained out, but they still had their haunted trail!!! It was a nice time!
I went as a glowing stick figure girl! I got the idea from the internet, It was a great hit!!
Cost all of 6 bucks!!! And 4 hrs to sew the connectors on! (Cuz of interruptions of motherhood and such!!!)
If anyone wants the instructions I will post them later!!
Brenda

DSCN3996.jpg

Last edited:
I am going to a party and would love the instruction puleeeeese! are they idiot proof ?

Cat,
When handling the glow stick they break very easy so I use one lg one to measure everything out, it broke the second I took it out of the container!!! so but a few extra in case once broken it will only glow good for 6-7 hrs!
what i used 9 (Large) necklace size glowsticks, 9 (small) bracelet size glowsticks
black hoodie, and black sweat pants and black shoes, and black gloves.
4 lg for the triangle
1 lg for each arm
1lg for each leg
1 sm in a circle for each hand
4 small for the head
1 sm for each eye
1 sm for the smile
1 lg for each pony tail hair
1 cardboard circle covered in black
some kind of wire measured a little smaller then the lg size.

The packs of glow sticks I bought contained 2 necklaces and 2 bracelets and 4 connectors.
I took one necklace size and measured the triangle out one my black hoodie.
Then I placed the connectors on the end where they would need to connect.
to form a big triangle. Use an extra connector on the bottom piece of the triangle in the middle to support it so it stays level!
I sewed the connectors on where they needed to be inorder for the sticks to form a triangle
To sew the connectors I tacked only the ends to the hoodie making sure not the block the tube so the glow stick could still slide into the connector.
The needle and thread went through very easily.
I then measured the arms out and the legs making sure the connectors and glowstick met where they needed to to make a stick person. for the hand I sewed the connector on the cuff of the sleeve so it would dangle over my hand
For my face I cut a cardboard circle a little bigger then the glowstick circle would make
I cut the eye hole out so I could see when wearing the mask!
1 in a half hrs before the party I put the face together, I had the circle cut and covered in black construction paper. Ready to go before hand.
i broke the glow sticks and made the eyes and taped them to the circle same with the smile
For the pony tails I taped the wire to the glow stick so it would bend into the shape I needed then on the back of my circle I hot glued the connector where it needed to be near the top of the head. Wait a few seconds for the glue to cool before placing the connector in the glue so it doesn't melt.
I used 2 small sticks for the bows put them in a circle and then twisted into an eight shape and taped into place using clear tape.

Here is a pic of how I sewed the connectors in place
this is the sleeve and how the hand should be.

DSCN3997.jpg

DSCN3998.jpg

I hope all this made sense!!!
Brenda

If you do not want to make the hair and stuff you could just use a circle for the face and connect the connector to the hoodie hood at the top of the hoodie so it would hang in front of his head!!! The boy stick figure is a lot simpler!!! You could do the triangle upside down, or just use a lg glowstick straight up and down in front of the hoodie to make the body!!!
Here is a site that carries the costume and where I got the basic idea!

http://www.nothingbutcostumes.com/i...=15554&zenid=ec1a65ac9064b638fcce65cd71551aa2

If the site doesn't come up keep trying I had trouble the other day!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom