Droopy wings

bandbaustin

Crowing
13 Years
May 21, 2009
Valparaiso, IN
I have a one year old peacock that is walking around slowly and his wings are drooping. He is still eating as i have observed this. I dosed him with 1 cc of safeguard today down his throat. I plan on giving him some tylan down his throat later this evening along with some pedialyte. Does anyone else have any other suggestions. I want to give him the best care. Should I dose again with safeguard tomorrow. All birds are getting some mixed in with their water today as they are due for a worming.

Is it hot or are there females around? I know the heat makes our chickens hold their wings open or drop them down to try to cool off. Wings dropped down is part of a male peafowl's display... although if he's not doing anything with the back feathers I dunno how likely this is to be the case. I used to visit a turkey who would drop his wings down and walk around slowly after me every time I was there. Is it possible he's trying to threaten someone else in the pen or is he just wandering around without direction? Any other symptoms indicative of a problem?

Good luck, hope someone comes along with an answer.

Last edited:
I would think treating for worms 2 days in a row would be really hard on the bird, especially as you are also putting it in the water as well. I don't see how it could help as you should have killed off all the worms on the first day.

Irene

Back
Top Bottom