Dropped an egg going into lockdown

RoRoinGA

Songster
9 Years
Feb 17, 2010
NE GA
I am so clumsy, I shouldnt even be allowed to handle the eggs. So I was moving my Birchen Marans eggs from the incubator that I keep them in for 18 days with the turner to a seperate incubator I use for lockdown and I dropped the egg. It did smash some and some yolk came out but when I picked it up I felt the little booger move inside, so I rushed him to the bathroom and got some tissue, wrapped the bottom where he was oozing and put him in lockdown with the others, There was a little blood too. What do yall think? I am hopeful that he will hatch, but so upset. . Has anyone hatched an egg with these circumstances. Ugh, I am so dumb!

Cracked eggs can and do hatch, but I've not had any luck with them yet. However, if your egg leaked some yolk then the membrane has been broken and so has the yolk sac, so I'm sorry, but I really don't think there's any hope for it. But, no harm in trying I suppose. I'd like to be proved wrong!

I think we have all done it.

I have heard of people sealing them with wax and having luck. I have tried but havn't been succsessful.

Well, I got home yesterday and the little fellow was dead. It really was cracked, air cell and all. I was hopeful, but I have incubated enough eggs to know the scenerio. It was the first one I dropped, but I know I am in good company lol. All the others I put in lockdown I candeled and I know they are good. 10 out of 15 shipped eggs is wonderful if all these hatch. Thanks for all your input!

Back
Top Bottom