Drowning eggs? Insides are outside? HELP!

shelby528

Songster
10 Years
Aug 5, 2009
Ontario
Hey there,
So I have hatched well over 2000 babies this summer and still I keep finding the same problem. I dont have any pictures as my camera is broken at the moment
sad.png

I am hatching meat birds as well as some other mixed breeds from my hens who refused to sit this year. The eggs develop nicely, until hatch day. I lockdown but always seem to not have enough humidity! Ive tried everything! Humidity during lockdown is 50-60% But I've had tons hatch fine...the few that need help. But some of the eggs are pipped but then the chick dies!
sad.png
I know this is normal for some but the ones I break open have like brown goo everywhere..not waste doesnt really smell all that bad...Ive had about 6 like this just this last hatch which were due on the 18,19 and 20 of this month.

Sometimes this goo is brownish/greenish any ideas? And it only tends to be in my meat birds? The other problem I seem to be having is yolk digestion! Ive had tons with intestines hanging out..I had 20 out of 56 that had there insides outside! ANY IDEAS! PLEASE HELP!

Yes they did I have had like 30 externally pip and the goo drowns the poor things..and Im never there in time to catch it..ive saved a couple like that...
sad.png

It could be genes cause the temperature is ALWAYS 98.7-100 thats it..if it falls or goes high my bator shuts off....its brand new and I had it serviced when I bought it to make sure...well my grandparents bought it for me for my birthday cause Im a nerd and love chickens just as much as they do
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom