Drunk Chicken?!?

2 Magnolias Egg

Chirping
Jun 9, 2020
So, my friend has a flock and they are out of town on vacation (of course). One of there hens was over on its side when I got there today. I could place her back up right, but she would stumble walking and fall over again. She sort looked drunk. There are no signs of trauma or being attacked, almost like this is neurological. Has anyone every had a chicken that couldn't keep its balance? What was the reason? Thanks for any help you can provide.

So, my friend has a flock and they are out of town on vacation (of course). One of there hens was over on its side when I got there today. I could place her back up right, but she would stumble walking and fall over again. She sort looked drunk. There are no signs of trauma or being attacked, almost like this is neurological. Has anyone every had a chicken that couldn't keep its balance? What was the reason? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Have you contacted the friend to let them know about their hen?

Since you are not the owner, then let them tell you what they want done or what they want you to do if you are pet sitting while they are gone on vacation. I would not administer any medications unless they give the ok.

If they have another space or a large kennel where she can be placed with her own food/water that may be helpful, but take care if temps are very warm. You want her placed where she's not overheating.

Neurological symptoms can be from number of things from disease, moldy feed to vitamin deficiency.

If you have a flock of your own, change shoes and clothes and wash your hands before tending to your own flock.

Back
Top Bottom