Drunk chicken???

redheadfarmer

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 20, 2011
SW Ontario
I recently acquired 2 seabright pullets. The one laid an egg the very next day and then took 3 days off and then laid another. After another 3 day rest, she laid again. No problem there. The other pullet laid her first egg with me and it took a long time (several hours) and since she has laid it 48 hours ago, she has been acting strange. She hasn't flown anywhere and wobbles when she walks. It is almost like she is drunk. I checked her vent...and it doesn;t appear like there are issues there and the only other symptom is that her feet are cold to the touch. She is a bantam and the nest box is 18 inches off the ground with no gang plank (but she laid her egg on the floor anyway) and the roosts which she had no problem flying up to and roosting on prior to laying the egg are 3 and 4 feet off the ground.

Ideas?

She is still alive, eating and drinking but has not flown to the roosting bar nor has she laid another egg. She is walking more upright (I think) but she is still wobbly and her wings and tail are still pointed down.

Back
Top Bottom