Dry County (eggs that is)

xcalibor67

Chirping
Apr 28, 2017
Seems im having a hard time finding some fertile eggs around the Spartanburg SC area to hatch. Have tried several breeders(That i know of) but no luck with eggs.I was really wanting some light speckled Sussex and Jubilee Orps, but im looking for others..Orps, sexlinks, Brahma, comets, EE, Ameraucana, Rocks, australorps etc...No backyard "who's yer daddy" mutts, but open to about any decent laying breeds. I have thought of ordering from a hatchery, but ive read of bad mortality rates/bad eggs from shipping etc..And the way my postal service handles things i might get scrambled eggs...Appreciate any help, or else my daughter says that im to be staying in the coop if i dont hatch her some eggs.....Thanks.

Seems im having a hard time finding some fertile eggs around the Spartanburg SC area to hatch. Have tried several breeders(That i know of) but no luck with eggs.I was really wanting some light speckled Sussex and Jubilee Orps, but im looking for others..Orps, sexlinks, Brahma, comets, EE, Ameraucana, Rocks, australorps etc...No backyard "who's yer daddy" mutts, but open to about any decent laying breeds. I have thought of ordering from a hatchery, but ive read of bad mortality rates/bad eggs from shipping etc..And the way my postal service handles things i might get scrambled eggs...Appreciate any help, or else my daughter says that im to be staying in the coop if i dont hatch her some eggs.....Thanks.
Have you tried swap meats? It's hit or miss there but you won't have to worry about shipping.

Unaware of any "swap meets", and as far as flea markets, most only have a few birds, but no fertile eggs. I also would be a bit shy about buying hatching eggs @ a flea sale, as you might end up with eggs from Bi-Lo......

Back
Top Bottom