Dry eggs

Mar 6, 2020
Hello
I have two chicks and three more chipping, we had too open the incubator once during the hatching. And now the three chiping ones membranes are going a little yellow, is this bad will they still hatch? I have attached a photo but it’s not great, it’s really hard to take photos and I don’t want to open it again

Attachments

• 76FA69B8-0387-436C-8E4F-A37A3002D8E4.jpeg
    76FA69B8-0387-436C-8E4F-A37A3002D8E4.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 11
Keep an eye on how yellow the membrane gets (and try to get a better picture if possible without opening the bator), and in the meanwhile hope that some experts chime in (yellowness might indicate that the membrane is drying, i.e shrink-wrapping).

If no response, try a new thread in the emergencies-section.

The one egg on the picture seems to be zipping? Any progress? I'm noob (only hatched once, and that's with quail), but I believe they aren't supposed to take break DURING zipping???

Have you seen any indication of condensation when the first two hatched? I believe that implies humidity of 70-80% (which is on the high side, but not too far away from what you want for hatching). If you don't know what your humidity is, then maybe it is better to add (in increments) until you see very early condensation and then try to kick back a little. Or is this bad advice @Winter Creek Coop ?

Back
Top Bottom