Dry Fowl Pox turned Wet

Hi Here is a photo of our lovely Sam over a week later. He even Gobbled yesterday and today! Must be feeling SO much better. One side is still a bit swollen in his sinus photo#2. There is no more snot running out of his nose. His eyes are not red any more and there is no more swelling. But he looks great.

When I was looking (Here in Germany) they asked if the bird was a "pet" or "for food" that was the main distinction. So then they could treat him if he was not for eating/egg producing. I went to a regular vet, he is a hobby pigeon-ist(?) and he helped out. The anitibiotics he gave me were for a dog, it's just a dosage questions, how many pounds per gr.
Phone around and ask every vet you can not just for BIRD's ask all of them tell them what you need.
You probably need to be a bit sneaky.
Do you have a farm store near by?

I found this guy in Kettering....his web page shows him holding a Raven, the description for his office is small animals and Exotics.
http://daytonsouthvet.com/contact-us.html

Good luck

My turkey is very sick. He has been coughing and wheezing. The thing on his beak is fully extended and I don't know why. Started giving him vitamins but seems to b getting worse. Any in sight

Find a Vet even if you can only take photos of your turkey bring photos, that should be enough with the description that you have. But go find a vet. Where do you live? Can you post some photos here, they maybe some one else that can give you advice. I have only had our birds since September but they have been sic quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom