dry hatch lockdown dry

I've dry hatched a few times and have always added water for lockdown as you really want the humidity to be higher for those last few days. Is there a reason you are not adding water? What day are you on and have you been candling eggs to look at air cells? I always make sure to mark air cells especially for dry hatches so you can be sure the humidity is right. Candling could tell you if they're on track to hatch, even for dry hatching before lockdown you typically add water once or twice depending on air cell development. I would not recommend leaving it dry for lockdown as they could become shrink wrapped when trying to hatch, or the membrane may simply be too tough for them to break through.

i have got my incubator dry not a drop of water through the full thing and not adding now has anyone done this?
You asked this on another thread you started yesterday already and were told to add water.
If you haven't already you're risking shrink wrapping the chicks.

Even with dry incubation you need to add water the last 3 days or they cannot get out of the shell.

Back
Top Bottom