Dry hatching Method.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jharper, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Jharper

Jharper Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2012
    Tifton, Ga
    I was just wondering how the dry hatching worked. Could anyone give me their success, temperature, and humidity for this.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I know the practice but have yet to be able to try it because the humidity in my house stays to high. It's where you have humidity about 30 to 35% until day 18 of incubation and then you raise the humidity up to 55% Temp stays same 99.5 everything else is same as regular incubation.
    I was hoping to try it this time i have 6 eggs in my incubator but checked it earlier today only on day 3 no water in my incubator and it's reading 50% humidity. I live in washington state, to moist of a state for dry hatch i guess.

3. Jharper

Jharper Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2012
    Tifton, Ga
    Yeah. Well it's 54 in my house, but I was thinking about doing it.

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I have researched this and read and read and read some more.... all of my notes are in https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

I will never do anything different, it works excellent for me, and most use this method..... UNLESS you are high Altitude.... please refer to article

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by