dry incubation

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Flyin H Poultry, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Flyin H Poultry

Flyin H Poultry New Egg

Jun 5, 2013
    mayflower, Arkansas
    i have a few questions on dry incubation. i am about to set my first eggs ever and i just wanted to know if after i put them in and let them be in there for like say three days then add a tablespoon of water then wait until it drys out for another three days then repeat if that would work. im very new and i need the best hatch possible. any help would be appreciated.

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    So exciting!! Good luck on your first hatch. I recommend making sure your thermometers are accurate (I lost my first hatch to a brand new thermometer that wasn't accurate and I didn't know. It was 6 degrees off, so I tend to throw that out there first.) I prefer the dry incubation or low humidity hatches myself. This is my process and what I have found works for me: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity Different things work for different people and often times results vary with incubators, it's a matter of tweaking for your needs. I hope you have a great hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by