Dry Skin

Jul 28, 2019
Northern California
My Indian Chocolate Runner duck has flakey ,dry skin ! She does not play in water much like her sister, whom is a Fawn Indian Runner

Is this why her skin is dry ?
I feed them vitamin supplement, fresh greens like, kale n peas and fresh feeder fish once a week and they are on maintaince Mauzri waterfowl feed and little bit of basic chicken layer pellets ! They also get other veggies n some fruit but Peas n Kale r there fav's !!!

How can I help her ???

Are you able to get a picture of her dry skin?

Lack of bathing can be a major contributing factor of dry/flaky skin in waterfowl. Less commonly, you may see dry skin caused by a deficiency in several vitamins, like vitamin A, environmental problems like low humidity, and toxic inhalants like smoke can cause such problems.

My main goal would be getting the duck to bathe daily in water. What kind of water source do you have provided, is it as adequate size to let two ducks bathe in at once?

They have little pond in their duck house and big pond outside! I check n see if feed has Vitamin A ! But Daisy fine n Rose is not ! The only difference is Rose not bathing as much! I can get a picture tomorrow !

QUOTE="Isaac 0, post: 23561600, member: 437550"]
Are you able to get a picture of her dry skin?

Lack of bathing can be a major contributing factor of dry/flaky skin in waterfowl. Less commonly, you may see dry skin caused by a deficiency in several vitamins, like vitamin A, environmental problems like low humidity, and toxic inhalants like smoke can cause such problems.

My main goal would be getting the duck to bathe daily in water. What kind of water source do you have provided, is it as adequate size to let two ducks bathe in at once?
[/QUOTE]
e

Back
Top Bottom