Dry, uncooked, instant mashed potatoes...

Snap traps and poison are not an option.

Snap traps not an option bc the chickens free range right? Why not poison? You can get the enclosed poison traps that chickens, dogs, cats cannot get into. Poison is one of the most effective solutions to the disease vector known as rat.

Have you tried the bucket of water trap?

These work good!

----------------------------

Rice won't swell ... until it is at "cooking temperature" rats are not that hot normally ...

If you want hot rats ... take the mint out of your grill ... once rats move back in ... plug holes, turn on grill! ;)

I'm not sure what kinda rodent critter can't burb ... but soda will do the fizzy explody trick if they can't burp ...

Poison in a upside down "T" pipe, with poison wired in ... works too.

Why is poison not an option? We have set out bait stations over the years and have had no issues with finding dead rats around. I think they go into their burrows and die.
I don't want the chickens or the dog to eat the poisoned rats

It's a little bit of money, but you could get a rat zapper. Look for them on Amazon. They go in for the bait and it electrocutes them. Only issue is, you gotta watch is because it needs to be reset after each rat.
The Rat Zapper isn't working for us AT ALL. They Go Around the thing. Regretting the $50.00 I paid for it.

These work good!

----------------------------

Rice won't swell ... until it is at "cooking temperature" rats are not that hot normally ...

If you want hot rats ... take the mint out of your grill ... once rats move back in ... plug holes, turn on grill! ;)

I'm not sure what kinda rodent critter can't burb ... but soda will do the fizzy explody trick if they can't burp ...

Poison in a upside down "T" pipe, with poison wired in ... works too.

Back
Top Bottom