Drying/preserving chicken feet.

Here's one of mine. This was is holding a big piece of green aventurine.

greenfoot2.jpg

foot-green.jpg

I use a lot of wire wrap on mine, with the stones and feathers. Some I make up plainer, depending on what the customer wants.

I do other stuff, too, stones, sea shells, whatever.

Quote:
Very nice
big_smile.png
I love the wirework on it. I've never tried that on mine before... yet
wink.png

I need to make up some more of them - I looked and I am out of ones I had done.

I'm not sure how the locals would take me having one hanging in my truck
lau.gif
But then, "I ain't from around here" so maybe they'd forgive me
wink.png

meri

Last edited:
I made about 12, sold all but 3. I still have those. The wrap on each is different, as are all the other ornamentation. I'm getting requests sometimes for less fancy ones.

The more complex crafts are not moving very well around here right now, so I'm putting energy elsewhere for the time being. I'll be working on a few things for the Christmas season, stuff that takes less time and work, that I can sell for lower prices.

Here's a some other things I made.

sugalite_2.jpg

sugalite wire-wrapped necklace

sodabead3.jpg

wire-wrapped seashell pendant

FH000026.jpg

wrapped malachite necklace

FH000019.jpg

wrapped kambaba jasper w/macaw feather, this is the one in my avatar.

Last edited:
I can't recall which town you are from, but I know there's a pagan store (or two) in Bowling Green, have you ever thought about hooking up with them to sell some stuff?

I've never been to either store, myself, but I've heard about them.

I used to sell a lot of stuff (up north) in the pagan stores in our town. I sold etched mirrors, etched stone oil lamps, Hoodoo stuff, etc... There was a lady who came in twice a week to do jewelry like you do (and she had a stand in there the rest of the time). She'd do custom work and got fantastic prices for her stuff (those pagan folks will spend whatever it takes to have the coolest bauble
lau.gif
).

If ya need more customers, I'd go checking into that, perhaps.

oh, and very nice work, btw
big_smile.png
I love natural jewelry with stones, shells, bones, etc...

meri

Quote:
The top one is beautiful. I would hang it from my mirror or in my kitchen window. I am saving my chicken feet next years. I do have the five RR roosters that were sent as packing peanuts and I will try them when they go into the pot.

Quote:
The top one is beautiful. I would hang it from my mirror or in my kitchen window. I am saving my chicken feet next years. I do have the five RR roosters that were sent as packing peanuts and I will try them when they go into the pot.

someone told me on the other Chicken Feet thread (yeah, there was even another thread about chicken feet
lau.gif
) that Easter Egger (green) feet turn black when they dry - so no dying or painting them.

I only have one easter egger hen, so I can't try that one
lau.gif
.... although I did have two EE roos given to me for free, and I can't seem to find homes for them..... hmmmm
wink.png

Mojo Chick'n :

I can't recall which town you are from, but I know there's a pagan store (or two) in Bowling Green, have you ever thought about hooking up with them to sell some stuff?

meri

Really? A pagan store in Bowling Green, as in Bowling Green, MO?
That's only 17 or so miles from me. I'll have to go check it out
smile.png

Thanks
big_smile.png

No, Bowling Green, KY, that's where both Mojo and I are.

There's also a BG, WI, isn't there?

Moj, I'm in Hart Co. I haven't been to the shops in BG, I might check that out sometime. I had some stuff in a shop in L-ville, but it's been really slow. I may just need a different shop.

Fasbendera, which one, the sugalite or the foot? Those are both gone, anyway, I sold them, but if you want to see what I have left, I can email you some pics. PM if you're interested. I do custom work, too.

I saw one advertised on Witch's Voice (witchvox.com), and the one ebay store (can't recall the name, "spiritual somethingorother") opened a store in Bowling Green (they used to be out of Cave City - just the ebay store).

I like to browse pagan stores, don't usually buy anything there. (heck, I could probably open my own pagan store with all the "stuff" I have around here.
lau.gif
) most of the time those places are way overpriced, and they feed into the media teen pagan scene, or they lean towards "new age".

I'm more of a simple folk type
big_smile.png
If I can make it or find it in my backyard, I'd rather use that than go buy something. Besides, so many of the Pagan People up north simply gave me the heebie jeebies
lau.gif
they sort of were, ummm, how can I put this politely.... "over the top"? One particular guy (good thing he liked me
wink.png
) told me so many stories of his "magickal deeds" that it took nearly all of my own power not to laugh at him. He was a nice enough guy, just had illusions of grandeur.

I'm so white bread looking, no one would ever guess that I've been one of "them thar heathens" for most of my life (going on 30 years, now).

Oh, man, funny story... the "magickal deed" guy was gonna teach my youngest (who was 15 at the time) how to "manipulate energy".
My youngest son is the biggest smart aleck you'll ever want to meet - but he sat there, politely listening to Calvin until he paused a moment, then my son held up one finger, said, "Hold on a minute, I have to manipulate some energy" then he stood up, lifted one leg (ala Captain Morgan) and farted. I fell out of my chair laughing. Calvin, however, was not amused
wink.png

meri

Back
Top Bottom