Dual Temperature Regulated Thermostat for Water and Heat Bulb?

ebretzel

Chirping
Jul 15, 2016
I was wondering if anyone has had luck automatically controlling two things:

1. Heated waterer
2. Heat bulbs.

We are in Minnesota so winters can get pretty cold. I don't like the run the heat lamps unless it gets down to about 10-15 degrees but don't want to keep manually plugging or unplugging or even turn on or off with my phone. I'd like it to turn on around 10-15 degrees and off if above that. Those little thermocubes turn on at 35 and off at 50+ so total waste for heat lamps. For the waterer I'd like to have it on whenever below freezing - again trying to automate as much as possible.
tempthermostat.jpg
I was looking at this devise. https://www.amazon.com/Pymeter-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat-Greenhouse/dp/B083Q7YRBM. Has anyone used something similar or have a better idea? Thanks!

According to what I found, it has the range of -58°F to 210°F.
That should work for you. I would keep one probe in water container, and keep water at above freezing temperature. Second probe in the ambient air to control the heat source you plan on using.
Try it and see how well, and accurate it works. Keep some additional thermometers inside to determine that. You may have to fine tune adjust, since this is consumer grade, and not laboratory grade.
WISHING YOU BEST ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

I was wondering if anyone has had luck automatically controlling two things:

1. Heated waterer
2. Heat bulbs.

We are in Minnesota so winters can get pretty cold. I don't like the run the heat lamps unless it gets down to about 10-15 degrees but don't want to keep manually plugging or unplugging or even turn on or off with my phone. I'd like it to turn on around 10-15 degrees and off if above that. Those little thermocubes turn on at 35 and off at 50+ so total waste for heat lamps. For the waterer I'd like to have it on whenever below freezing - again trying to automate as much as possible.
View attachment 2423448
I was looking at this devise. https://www.amazon.com/Pymeter-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat-Greenhouse/dp/B083Q7YRBM. Has anyone used something similar or have a better idea? Thanks!
I got a thermostat controller designed for green houses. It controls both heating and cooling. I have a bathroom "fart fan" :) set up to come on at 34F and shut off at 30F, vented to the outside to control moisture. The heating side is set up to turn on a heat lamp at 30F and shut off at 34F. My coop is insulated with vinyl double pain glass windows. They teased me terribly at our local building supply about my extravagant coop...but that's what we do here in rural Maine, pick on each other. It helps build character and a "thicker skin" :)

Back
Top Bottom