D'uccle gender

wyo-helpmeet

Songster
10 Years
Apr 23, 2009
West TN
I'm having a tough time getting my phone to load to Dropbox at the moment, so I hope to post more pics later.

Mille Fleur or Belgians (or are they the same?) D'uucles. Do I have 2 boys? They are 3 months.

That's a very handsome chicken!

I think its a rooster. D'uccles have feathered feet and legs and Belgian D'anvers have bare feet and legs.

Best of luck!
smile.png

How old are they? The one in with the silkies is a cockerel. I'm not sure about the other one. (Belgian bearded d'Uccle is the breed, mille fleur is the coloring). You have some pretty birds! :)

Thanks all! I was worried I had 2 roos :(

I'm still hopeful, as the unbearded one has a lighter comb & MUCH less saddle feathering (I really looked them over- side by side, arm's length, etc when we put them up tonight). I will give it more time, but won't hold my breath.

(mymilliefleur- age is in the unedited OP :) )

OK, here we go. I finally just texted these 2 images to my email. I've put them side by side. You know how birds are- they don't stay still, but I hope this is better.

Don't tell me what I want to hear, unless you mean it, LOL!

Aw bummer. Thank you.
1f615.png

I shouldn't be so bummed. I got 8 silkies, & these 2 were on a whim- "to make an even 10." But man are they gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom