D'uccle or Silkie cross

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickenRaiser95, May 18, 2013.

1. ChickenRaiser95

ChickenRaiser95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Snohomish County
    [​IMG]
    We got this girl from my local Co-Op, they said it was a D'uccle and it looked like some of our younger D'uccle chick mixes. However it does have 5 toes and someone else said Silkie cross for the breed. she has feathers(not "fur" like the other Silkie) and boots but no muffs with a single comb.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  2. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    A better clearer picture would help. [​IMG]

She looks like my white cochin bantam. But, with 5 toes, I'm a bit puzzled. [​IMG] Is her comb just straight, with no extra 'spikes' on it?

3. ChickenRaiser95

Aug 19, 2012
    Snohomish County
    The clearest pictures I can get; Silkie and d'Uccle. The Co-op didn't mention whether or not they were mixed. Only that they were straight run; there were a lot of cockerels left. The Silkie was missing all of the feathers on her back and part of her wings and legs. The d'Uccle was only missing some on part of her back. They said that the chicks got overheated a few days earlier; maybe ripped them out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]In This, you can see both have extra toes.

[​IMG]

4. trsturself

trsturself Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    Elizabeth, CO
    Those sure look like cochin legs. I read somewhere else on here that a first generation silkie mix will have normal feathers. So maybe it's a silkie/cochin mix?

5. ChickenRaiser95

Aug 19, 2012
    Snohomish County
    It can't be because I bought a d'uccle chick. I have had a d'uccle rooster before, and have had d'uccle/cochin mixed chicks. It can't be a silkie mix. The toe thing must just be a defect. I just sold 18 d'uccle/cochin mix chicks and ameraucana/cochin mix chicks. The d'uccle/cochin mix chicks looked just like she does. It does look like there is cochin in her, but can't be silkie. I will take some pictures of the other d'uccle/cochin mix chicks and put them up to compare.

6. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Um, I don't think it has d'Uccle in it at all. There is nothing that makes me think 'that's got d'Uccle in it.' [​IMG] I'm almost certain it has Cochin in it though.

7. ChickenRaiser95

Aug 19, 2012
    Snohomish County
    These are some of the Cochin/d'uccle chicks I raised.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The chicks they had available at the Co-op were Silkie, d'Uccle, Old English, and Frizzle.

8. ChickenRaiser95

Aug 19, 2012
    Snohomish County
    I need to mention that she has almost no tail feathers because they were ripped out and are growing back.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by