Ducclelover10's chat thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy chicken peeps!
bun.gif
(thumbs up for the geeky chicken phrase and dancing bunny!!)
My latest experiment with combining breeds has worked! The babies are officially hens/roosters, so I can see what they will look like...

I put a Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster and a Sumatra hen inside the breeding pen. I got 6 eggs, all what looked like fertile. 1 didn't hatch, and another one died an hour after it hatched :( The surviving four were 1 hen and 3 roosters. I sold 2 roosters to people I knew would give them good homes (now we have 10 roosters in our flock. We don't need more.) The hen is a beautiful long fan-tailed, silver laced hen. I named her Calyn (pronounced Cay-leen). The rooster has the same feather pattern, but white hackles that stand up at the slightest noise. His tail is a whopping 3 feet long (NO JOKE!). I named him Badger.
My next experiment was putting a White Polish rooster and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte hen in another breeding pen. I got 5 eggs, 3 didn't look fertile :( Just one hatched. The survivor is a hen :) She is the most beautiful hen I have ever seen. She has a big, floppy snow-white crest, and is sleek and tightly-feathered. Her feathers are blue laced red, and her eyes are deep, dark brown. I named her May.

Any ideas, Chicken Peeps, what other breed-combining experiments I should conduct?
F.Y.I., it was technically my mom selling and breeding the birds :)

Howdy chicken peeps!
bun.gif
(thumbs up for the geeky chicken phrase and dancing bunny!!)
My latest experiment with combining breeds has worked! The babies are officially hens/roosters, so I can see what they will look like...

I put a Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster and a Sumatra hen inside the breeding pen. I got 6 eggs, all what looked like fertile. 1 didn't hatch, and another one died an hour after it hatched :( The surviving four were 1 hen and 3 roosters. I sold 2 roosters to people I knew would give them good homes (now we have 10 roosters in our flock. We don't need more.) The hen is a beautiful long fan-tailed, silver laced hen. I named her Calyn (pronounced Cay-leen). The rooster has the same feather pattern, but white hackles that stand up at the slightest noise. His tail is a whopping 3 feet long (NO JOKE!).Haha!! That is awesome! Don't step on his tail! lol I named him Badger.
My next experiment was putting a White Polish rooster and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte hen in another breeding pen. I got 5 eggs, 3 didn't look fertile :( Just one hatched. The survivor is a hen :) She is the most beautiful hen I have ever seen. She has a big, floppy snow-white crest, and is sleek and tightly-feathered. Her feathers are blue laced red, and her eyes are deep, dark brown. I named her May.

Any ideas, Chicken Peeps, what other breed-combining experiments I should conduct?
F.Y.I., it was technically my mom selling and breeding the birds :)
That is awesome!! You should do a Wyandotte+Barred rock cross! That would be cool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom