D'Uccles or Cochins?

I think that green legs point to an EE, regardless of the comb. Fun to see how she grows, and what color eggs she produces!
Bantams are wonderful; we've had Cochins and OEGBs, although the games wanted to roost in trees, not best. Right now we have d'Uccles and bantam EEs, terrific birds.
And they have done fine with our standard birds too.
The only issue is that the smaller birds are more likely to get taken by hawks.
Mary

Definitely! They are all very cute. I've resisted buying bantams for a while but I don't know how much longer I can hold out.
I have been able to resist the chick days for years until this year. I was at Orsheln looking at the bantams when the manager leaned over and said "If you take them all I will sell them to you for 50% off". That manager was the devil on my shoulder and I gave into temptation. Now I have "Pony Chickens" as my 5 year old calls them.

I have been able to resist the chick days for years until this year. I was at Orsheln looking at the bantams when the manager leaned over and said "If you take them all I will sell them to you for 50% off". That manager was the devil on my shoulder and I gave into temptation. Now I have "Pony Chickens" as my 5 year old calls them.
I like that! Pony chickens is a great way of putting it.

Definitely! They are all very cute. I've resisted buying bantams for a while but I don't know how much longer I can hold out.
Justify it by thinking of them as useful all-in-one incubators & brooders.
I read that preppers love them, because in an apocalypse, they are easy to pack and move to safety.
There you go, two excellent reasons for purchasing bantams.

Update: the porcelain oeg began crowing today. Not unexpected, as his comb and has been getting much redder, the past week. Otherwise y'all seem to have been correct on genders.
20221007_161405.jpg

Back
Top Bottom