Duck acting weak

Does it seem like it's her leg or foot? Is she able to move her leg correctly?
At first we thought it was just the ankle. It’s limp and her foot she has curled up. We did a make shift splint early in the morning as we both had to go to work. After work we gave it a better look and at her knee it’s very wobbly. And goes back a little too far. I don’t think it’s broken… she can move her leg pretty well and beat weight on it if she needs to. But we fashioned a splint out of thick cardboard so her leg would bend properly. And wrapped it. Have her in a large plastic bin and take her out to hold and interact with. Trying to keep her as immobile as possible to let it heal

At first we thought it was just the ankle. It’s limp and her foot she has curled up. We did a make shift splint early in the morning as we both had to go to work. After work we gave it a better look and at her knee it’s very wobbly. And goes back a little too far. I don’t think it’s broken… she can move her leg pretty well and beat weight on it if she needs to. But we fashioned a splint out of thick cardboard so her leg would bend properly. And wrapped it. Have her in a large plastic bin and take her out to hold and interact with. Trying to keep her as immobile as possible to let it heal
I'm wondering if she is suffering from perosis.

Either way, I think keeping the drake away from her is an important step. Splinting and getting some good vitamins, along with a good feed, will be helpful.
Yeah I thought it may be Perosis as well. The leg isn’t swollen and it doesn’t look like a break. We fashioned the splint, have it taped up. Have an actual 3d printed splint coming any day now.

She’s resting, eating and drinking well. Has her own little crate and loves to lay with my wife when my wife comes home after work. Last night they fell asleep together heh

So the cardboard splint seems to have helped

Her foot isn’t scrunched up under her though it’s still not fully spread out

And her knee doesn’t go too far back anymore and she seems to have more strength

I felt along the joint and felt something pop a bit. And her leg seemed to be a bit stronger. Hoping she had a tendon issue and it popped back into place. Reappointed it and will check it again tomorrow

Arya’s leg is much better. Few days of splinting it and the knee bends the right way and the foot is not limp anymore

Still a little weak so will keep her inside for a bit til she is stronger but she is loving being inside

Attachments

• 045B03EA-EF87-4B1F-A0CF-FD9F78CB963A.jpeg
    045B03EA-EF87-4B1F-A0CF-FD9F78CB963A.jpeg
    386.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 464433AC-D279-4AA1-B6A9-BA53DC6E5723.jpeg
    464433AC-D279-4AA1-B6A9-BA53DC6E5723.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom