Duck at laying age not laying

Melini

In the Brooder
Sep 15, 2021
OK so I have not found my question anywhere,
About 6 months ago I rescued 4 baby ducks from a feed store
where they were just going to be killed as the season was over and they were left behind, also one had problems!!!
So after many vet visits we got the little sick one on the right track
and now she is grown she has a chunk out of her bill from a trauma at said feed store and a limp from an untreated niacin deficiency, 《 too sick to do surgery on and by the time she was well enough it was too late,

Well my question is she has not started laying eggs like her sisters,

Yes she is a she (very loud quack like sissies)

She is full size now, she does have a bit of a miss shape head due to the bill injury stunting the one side of her bill,

But she is healthy and doing great, just not laying eggs yet,

Has anyone had experiences with a duck like this?

Could she end up never laying eggs? (I am super fine with as they are my babies and I don't eat eggs)

Just worried about her having g laying problems.

Egg laying estimates are not an exact science. Also some ducks who sexually mature in the fall don't start laying until spring and things like stress, loss of daylight, cooler temps etc. can all play a part in when a hen lays eggs. What breed is she? Is she the same breed as the others?

Egg laying estimates are not an exact science. Also some ducks who sexually mature in the fall don't start laying until spring and things like stress, loss of daylight, cooler temps etc. can all play a part in when a hen lays eggs. What breed is she? Is she the same breed as the others?
She's a sweedish blue

Back
Top Bottom