Duck belly making a popping/crunching sound!

suburbanduckmom

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Belmont, CA
I noticed a popping/crunching sound coming from my muscovy's stomach. I'm concerned about it but I tend to worry too much about them. She laid an egg this morning but has been laying sporadically lately. I noticed her building a nest this morning so hopefully she will start laying more regularly.
fl.gif

She also has wet feather
barnie.gif
. I brought her inside where it was warm and she preened herself dry. She was inside on my lap for about 40 minutes and she didn't poop once! She took a quick nap, and is eating and drinking ok. She did not want to go back outside

What is going on with my little love? I am most concerned with the crunching sound.

I know there was a post on here a while ago about something similar. Can someone help me?

I have been told that when ducks are egg bound, there is apparent straining, that they don't defecate for long periods, then defecate quite a bit, and that the egg can sometimes be seen with a close look at the vent.

Warm swims are often recommended. I might try a little KY jelly in and around the vent (I used that when my snake had a prolapse).

Back
Top Bottom