DUCK BILL MISSING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

Gimmeaduck

Chirping
Dec 5, 2021
I'm really a bit all in over this situation. Kingdom Come Park in Kentucky has a duck with part of its upper bill missing. To top it off the manager brought in double the number of ducks plus added some very muscular geese. This duck is in poor feather, runs from the flock during the compete for food frenzy, and stays away from the crowd. During the feed on the ground, it just walks right through and goes to the pond, it cannot eat the food so it walks on. VERY SAD.
I want this duck really really bad. I can give it a good home and plan to go back to the park manager later and ask again. I have vet assistant experience, farm experience and even duck experience.
Anybody able to help me give a convincing argument to get her to turn this duck over. Other ducks there are injured as well. They get injured by fish hooks. I even helped cut a line that a duck had swallowed because it could not be removed. The manager was not there and I am sure she felt infringed upon because I helped to catch the duck and try to remove the line, even called the vet, but under vet instructions, cut the line in the back of the throat and turned it loose.
These ducks are not mine, and locals call the park the park from hell. I doubt the manager knows that. She is a nice lady, I just don't think she really comprehends the situation from the ducks point of view.
I could make all the difference for this poor little baby, if she would only let me.
I could use advice. This has me in tears.

Attachments

• DSCF0302.JPG
    DSCF0302.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF0296.JPG
    DSCF0296.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0297.JPG
    DSCF0297.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
One thing is this if a duck can't eat off the ground which it can't, only way it can eat is in deep containers so she can scoop she is going to starve . That right there would convince me to give her up. If I was the manager of the park. Many ducks like that can live wonderful lives as long as someone goes the extra mile to make sure they can eat properly. Maybe she needs to observe this duck trying to eat and that will convince her.

One thing is this if a duck can't eat off the ground which it can't, only way it can eat is in deep containers so she can scoop she is going to starve . That right there would convince me to give her up. If I was the manager of the park. Many ducks like that can live wonderful lives as long as someone goes the extra mile to make sure they can eat properly. Maybe she needs to observe this duck trying to eat and that will convince her.
I plan to offer a park donation to see if she will give her up.

I applaud your concern for this duck, and agree with @Miss Lydia that approaching it from the perspective of "I'll take this special needs duck off your hands" may be effective. And your offer of a donation certainly won't hurt. 😉

ETA: if she can't eat now, she's just going to deteriorate or fall victim to predation and that's probably not what the folks at the park want to see, either. 🙁

Wishing you the best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

I applaud your concern for this duck, and agree with @Miss Lydia that approaching it from the perspective of "I'll take this special needs duck off your hands" may be effective. And your offer of a donation certainly won't hurt. 😉

ETA: if she can't eat now, she's just going to deteriorate or fall victim to predation and that's probably not what the folks at the park want to see, either. 🙁

Wishing you the best of luck! Let us know how it goes.
Pray she will give her up.

Hopefully you can give this poor duck a chance at life, you'll just need to be very persuasive.
If you manage to keep her, please keep us updated. She looks so sweet.
If you can't get her, but you really want to help, you can try to visit her as often as possible with a deep container of food.
Welcome to the flock! And thank you for being so caring :hugs

Well the answer was no. The reasons given were as follows.​
1. She has been that way for years.​
2. My daughter was so upset when she found out you wanted her.​
3. I feed her every day.​
4. This is a duck sanctuary.​
5. I have another duck with a broken leg.​
6. They get lots of feed.​
7. My girls just love her and they won't give her up.​
8. I see her everyday, she is fine.​
9. She is not in poor feather at all.​
10. I don't see what you are seeing.​
11. No, if she went anyplace I would take her home. To which I answered, "why don't you think about doing that" to which she replied....."no, no...I'm here everyday"​
12. I offered $100, to which came "I can't do that to my daughter she does not want to give her up" (the kid does not work at the park)​
The woman behaves like an a$$. It is all about selfishness. They sell duck food 1 cup for a buck or more and so the ducks become money makers. They are an attraction. All the injuries are from fish hooks. The pond is small and people fish there all the time and lose their hooks and the ducks suffer for it.​
One is missing part of its bill, another has a stiff leg stick straight backwards and drags itself in and out of the water, another swallowed a hook and runs around with a line out of its mouth, and another has a broken foot. Its a real sanctuary alright. Its the park from hell. The woman uses them, she does not care about them and she teaches her children the same selfishness.​
Never do what is best for the animal, only do what is best for self. 🤬🤬🤬
Excuse me for sounding off. This duck will die like others have died and nobody will care and nothing will change. Very frustrating for me. Carry on everyone. I will let you know in the spring if it is still there or if it is dead.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom