DUCK BILL MISSING

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a little research about this state park; and sadly, they encourage the use of domestic ducks. I've seen photos posted by visitors and read a few blogs. Within one of the the blogs, the author mentioned that the gift shop has feed to buy that you can throw to the ducks.
With that said, I'm sure these ducks need rescued, but a state park isn't a sanctuary. The manager might have a good heart, but again she's not managing a sanctuary. These ducks are basically "out in the wild" with every other wild animal that inhabits a state park. Definition of sanctuary: "a place where someone or something is protected or given shelter" - and this is not what is offered to these ducks.
The manager is just dumping them at the state park and using them for tourism.
problem is solved

Last edited:
Gimmeaduck, I am being critical, not being hateful, but your accusation is a typical one used in forums to try to discredit posts. You should be mature enough to carry on a critical conversation, without playing a poor victimized, misunderstood soul, who can no longer bear to converse with someone who isn't agreeing with all that you said. Stop playing victim. It only encourages pictures of martyrdom.

Maybe you are the one who needs to go back and read your posts, and see how you come across. Your posts are definitely not lacking in arrogance, judging and demonizing. You also did not include information in the other posts that you did in your last one. You did not mention the woman wasn't a total stranger, but knew you well, including somehow knowing one of your ducks; buys and sells ducks all the time; your $100 was actually meant as a typical donation; etc. Really, this is now a whole different story!

When you return in the spring? You don't live near the park? Two other facts you left out. Since the woman is not there all the time, why don't you just smuggle out the duck in a backpack? If the state considers them low priority, it's doubtful any action would be taken against you, if caught.

Last edited:
I did a little research about this state park; and sadly, they encourage the use of domestic ducks. I've seen photos posted by visitors and read a few blogs. Within one of the the blogs, the author mentioned that the gift shop has feed to buy that you can throw to the ducks.
With that said, I'm sure these ducks need rescued, but a state park isn't a sanctuary. The manager might have a good heart, but again she's not managing a sanctuary. These ducks are basically "out in the wild" with every other wild animal that inhabits a state park. Definition of sanctuary: "a place where someone or something is protected or given shelter" - and this is not what is offered to these ducks.
The manager is just dumping them at the state park and using them for tourism.
Thanks for more clarifying information. This matter could be taken to various places--ASPCA, local SPCA, Kentucky's Dept. of Agriculture, PETA, newspapers, etc. You have to keep in mind, though, if the domestics must leave the park, they could end up in far worst places or killed, especially crippled ones. Many state parks don't even allow domestic ducks to live there, for fear of diseases. When dumped, they are killed.

Thanks for more clarifying information. This matter could be taken to various places--ASPCA, local SPCA, Kentucky's Dept. of Agriculture, PETA, newspapers, etc. You have to keep in mind, though, if the domestics must leave the park, they could end up in far worst places or killed, especially crippled ones. Many state parks don't even allow domestic ducks to live there, for fear of diseases. When dumped, they are killed.

Thank you for your missing apology to me for the ugly things you said. Please know you are on ignore. I don't see or read your comments and while they once did they no longer come into my email either. MERRY CHRISTMAS....I hope you get a heart for Christmas.

Thanks for more clarifying information. You have to keep in mind, though, if the domestics must leave the park, they could end up in far worst places or killed, especially crippled ones. Many state parks don't even allow domestic ducks to live there, for fear of diseases. When dumped, they are killed.
I understand this and realize that they could be worse off or dead. But, from what I found they are basically "sitting ducks" as is. There is no protection offered for them. They have just been removed from one situation to another.
As stated, most state parks focus on naturalization - domestic ducks do not fit into that category.

Gimmieaduck, more demonizing . . . I don't have a heart. Oh my, I'll try not to cry myself to sleep tonight. Maybe you will be given more maturity for Christmas, and realize running away from a critical conversation is childish; and prevents you from clarifying what you were saying; as well as prevents you from adding important information that will help others see your point of view more clearly. Someone could actually have turned into one of your biggest allies. But no . . . you'll just run and hide and forever see yourself as being victimized in this forum.

Gimmeaduck, I am being critical, not being hateful, but your accusation is a typical one used in forums to try to discredit posts. You should be mature enough to carry on a critical conversation, without playing a poor victimized, misunderstood soul, who can no longer bear to converse with someone who isn't agreeing with all that you said. Stop playing victim. It only encourages pictures of martyrdom.

Maybe you are the one who needs to go back and read your posts, and see how you come across. Your posts are definitely not lacking in arrogance, judging and demonizing. You also did not include information in the other posts that you did in your last one. You did not mention the woman wasn't a total stranger, but knew you well, including somehow knowing one of your ducks; buys and sells ducks all the time; your $100 was actually meant as a typical donation; etc. Really, this is now a whole different story!

When you return in the spring? You don't live near the park? Two other facts you left out. Since the woman is not there all the time, why don't you just smuggle out the duck in a backpack? If the state considers them low priority, it's doubtful any action would be taken against you, if caught.
I’m sorry one minute you’re telling OP to be mature and in the same breath you’re telling them to just steal the duck if they are not willingly given the duck. I know this is over animal welfare but don’t children just snatch things when they are told ‘no’?

If someone provides tons of context in the first post a common reaction is TL;DR but when they don’t it’s ‘not enough information’...

This is the most childish post in the whole thread. You just lost your credibility by sinking to what you believe is their level.

Oh my, I'll try not to cry myself to sleep tonight.

I understand this and realize that they could be worse off or dead. But, from what I found they are basically "sitting ducks" as is. There is no protection offered for them. They have just been removed from one situation to another.
As stated, most state parks focus on naturalization - domestic ducks do not fit into that category.
hiproblem is solved

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom