Duck Breed Focus - Hook Bill

Yes, exotic breed of duck. I believe there is quite the history if I remember correctly. I can't remember where I read it though. However I believe there is a bit of a writeup on 'Feathersite" whrere it is referred to as Kromsnaveleend(I think that's the correct spelling.
I have seen a lot of pictures of different colors and markings. I can't say if they are "recognized" as "standards" but then again Hitler had standards didn't he.
I say if it has a hookbill like a Hookbill then it's a Hookbill.
Actually I'm going to "Feathersite right now and get back to you.

I did spell it correctly. I don't know how to put a link on here or I would. Enter on the green (looks like green feathers or leaves) box then scroll to ducks & click
then scroll to

Wow. According to The Domestic Waterfowl Club of Great Britain there's even Crested Hookbills.

Hookbills are very very rare. According to some sources there are only about 300 left in UK and USA!
I don't understand why?!?! Why aren't they as popular as,for example, Indian runners? They are also lightweight and lay similar amount of eggs.
I only saw them for sale on the rare breed auction, and they were very expensive - £60.
I'm looking for them everywhere since last year. I guess I'll have to wait for the rare breed auction in April

Hookbills are very very rare. According to some sources there are only about 300 left in UK and USA!
I don't understand why?!?! Why aren't they as popular as,for example, Indian runners? They are also lightweight and lay similar amount of eggs.
I only saw them for sale on the rare breed auction, and they were very expensive - £60.
I'm looking for them everywhere since last year. I guess I'll have to wait for the rare breed auction in April

Mike at Ashton Waterfowl has some #s on his website

Last edited:
Pretty! Next year I'm getting some
1f609.png

Looking for more information on the dutch hookbills if anyone has them. Are they big flyers since they are a lighter breed? Relativley quiet?

Back
Top Bottom