Duck breed ID help?

K95

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2019
Could anyone ID these ducks for me please? Sorry not got any pics of them out the water at present. Just want to make sure they’re right before I make an educational sign about them TIA

Attachments

• 1AD9B7FD-5992-414F-81A1-98DCC4E71780.jpeg
    1AD9B7FD-5992-414F-81A1-98DCC4E71780.jpeg
    412.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 61518F70-C326-4FFE-A64E-F94B2A8E80D9.jpeg
    61518F70-C326-4FFE-A64E-F94B2A8E80D9.jpeg
    412.3 KB · Views: 14
Are you going to try an Find homes? Looked like Blk Swedish, Pekin or White layer( Pekin have orange bills white layer pinkish) and possibly golden 300 or a mix. Solid blk?maybe Cayuga or Indian Runner. @MagpieDucks ?

Last edited:
Nope They’re just on the pond at my workplace. They want me to put a sign up about the duck breeds we have but they don’t know what they are. I know I have mallards, khaki campbell and a runner. But not sure on the pekin/Aylesbury type or the black and white ones :( no idea if they’re hybrids or full haha don’t want to create a sign that’s wrong

Are you going to try an Find homes? Looked like Blk Swedish, Pekin or White layer( Pekin have orange bills white layer pinkish) and possibly golden 300 or a mix. Solid blk?maybe Cayuga or Indian Runner. @MagpieDucks ?
Thank you. The blackish one at front definitely isn’t a Cayuga but no clue what it is, unless it’s a hybrid. My duck breed knowledge is limited to only those I’ve worked with in the past

They’re just a few of the ducks ☺️ Most of the rest which I didn’t photograph are mallards. I think they were donated/ cheapos rather than purchased intentionally as specific breeds :(

They’re just a few of the ducks ☺️ Most of the rest which I didn’t photograph are mallards. I think they were donated/ cheapos rather than purchased intentionally as specific breeds :(
Some are easily identifiable and others not..:frow
Just post a sign saying domestic Ducks. Next year they will breed and then all will be crosses anyways..:frow
I see a few Drakes too..

Back
Top Bottom