Duck Brooder Pictures...please??? Also, New Cayuga Owner Questions!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Vickers58, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Vickers58

Vickers58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2013
    Dallas, tx
    So my two unexpected ducklings have hatched! The first one was a Cayuga and then a day later the Runner/Mallard hatched! They were hatched by two different people and I was planning on getting them this weekend so they would have a chance to get strong and i would everything set up. Plans have changed and the Cayuga duckling is now with us and I was shocked at how small he is!! It is terrifying. He is all alone and my heart is breaking for him! I even brought him to work with me yesterday....at the hospital. I set up his lamp and he did great, but I know he's lonely and I can't wait for him to be with his pal.

Can I see some pictures of your brooders? Pretty please? The last ducklings we had didn't need one..but these do. I have no idea what I am doing!

If any of you have any tips that you found useful please pass them this way. I am just so shocked to be taking care of something so tiny! We got our mallard ducklings at 2 weeks and they were monsters compared to this little guy! Are Cayugas tiny babies or are they all this **** small?!?!

This is Bill​
    [​IMG]

This is his pal.....my son calls him Brachiosaurus. We get him on Friday
    [​IMG]

This is the brooder I have, but would like to see others so I can modify. Any suggestions on things that need to be changed?
    [​IMG]

2. countrygirl14

countrygirl14 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2013
    Everything looks great! yeah they are pretty small! I raised 6 of them this spring. Just make sure as he/she gets bigger so does the pen!:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by