Duck Can’t balance/walk all of a sudden

kg12361

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2020
My four month old ancona duck all of a sudden couldn’t properly stand or walk yesterday evening when I got home, she was fine in the morning. She falls forward or rolls over on her side when trying to get up and walk. She almost seems front heavy. I’ve looked up her symptoms and found that it could be botulism. I’ve separated her from the flock given her molasses laxatives and activated charcoal in her water. She’s still alert, loud and energetic, she just can’t walk around. Anyone have any ideas?
I can try to post a video of her trying to walk.

Im no expert for sure. The only experience i had like that was with my pekin duck. Turned out he ate way too much! I had to remove food until his crop was empty.
I hope you get an expert answer soon.

Im no expert for sure. The only experience i had like that was with my pekin duck. Turned out he ate way too much! I had to remove food until his crop was empty.
I hope you get an expert answer soon.
Ok! That could definitely be something, she is a little piglet! Thanks

Sorry to hear about your bird. Could you post a video of her? To post a video, upload it to a video platform like Youtube or Vimeo, and copy/paste the link here. Is she eating, and drinking well? Do you have any pictures of her poop?

Sorry to hear about your bird. Could you post a video of her? To post a video, upload it to a video platform like Youtube or Vimeo, and copy/paste the link here. Is she eating, and drinking well? Do you have any pictures of her poop?
She is eating and drinking well, I don’t have any pictures of her one but I can try to get one later. I’ll work on uploading a video to link

Back
Top Bottom