Duck cannot walk

HamFam4

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2018
Hello!
One of my runners suddenly started dragging herself around today. She has a scraped up foot, and I have read that they are sensitive. I will post a pic, please take a look and see if you think it's enough to cause loss of use. I put neosporin on it, I need to wrap it but want to be careful. At first I thought her leg was broken but she doesn't show signs of pain.
Thank you!

Attachments

• 20180623_203421.jpg
    20180623_203421.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180623_203759.jpg
    20180623_203759.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 10
Hello!
One of my runners suddenly started dragging herself around today. She has a scraped up foot, and I have read that they are sensitive. I will post a pic, please take a look and see if you think it's enough to cause loss of use. I put neosporin on it, I need to wrap it but want to be careful. At first I thought her leg was broken but she doesn't show signs of pain.
Thank you!
She should be fine, give her some sugar water and make sure you keep disinfecting it. Its not too bad but don't let it get worse.

Maybe soak her foot in warm water (with epsom salts only if it is not an open wound) and spray with vetricyn - apply neosporin and wrap it if needed.

Thank you for the advice. I was able to clean her up and bandage her today. She tries hopping on one leg but is mostly dragging herself. She has gotten in and out of the coop, but I don't want her staying there, as its supposed to be 102 today. She wants to keep up with the other birds but she just can't.

Attachments

• 20180624_090616.jpg
    20180624_090616.jpg
    599 KB · Views: 8
Do you think something may have tried to drag her through a fence. She may have a sprain along with ouch. So letting her rest is the best for her along with epsom salt soaks. Don’t let her drink the water though it’s also a laxative . Some good poultry vitamins to keep her immune system going good.

Back
Top Bottom