Duck concern

Mayochick

Chirping
Jul 14, 2022
Illinois
My Coop
My Coop
Hello I have a female Swedish Blue duck. She’s about a year old. I’ve noticed that her voice sounds like it’s gone like she can’t really quack loud. She was good like 3 days ago and all of the sudden it sounds likes her quacks are whispers. She still eats and drinks lots of water but today I noticed she hasn’t been super active she walks around here and there but for the most part she lays down in her coop. Should I be concerned? What should I do?

What's her diet? Is she broody? Is she laying?
Yes she does lay eggs but not brooding.
Her main diet is both the poultry feed and sometimes I’ll give her the duck food
33EE5846-FED5-43A8-BA6B-1F70BE4A88AE.png
F1394230-E6BA-4796-8452-29B17A4ADF2C.png
A9336B89-57FB-43FD-99A2-A0D773426677.png

What's her diet? Is she broody? Is she laying?
it sounds like she might be egg bound. Please let us know if she is laying and when was the last time she laid?
The last time she laid an egg was yesterday morning but this morning I didn’t see no egg. She’s acting normal eating and drinking walking around a lot so I’m not sure I’m just confused why her voice sounds raspy all the sudden

Scratch grains are a treat not for feeding as a whole feed like the layer and duck feed is. So the scratch grains should only be 10% of their diet daily, Have you noticed her vent area pulsing like she may need to lay?

Scratch grains are a treat not for feeding as a whole feed like the layer and duck feed is. So the scratch grains should only be 10% of their diet daily, Have you noticed her vent area pulsing like she may need to lay?
Okay I’ll start giving them lass grains! And no it doesn’t seem like she has to lay as of right now but so far she seems normal

That’s good to hear. You could add some ACV with mother to her drinking water it is a good boost to the immune system. ACV can also kill some bad bacteria. 1 Tab to a gallon of water.

Back
Top Bottom