Duck Constantly Twitching Wings?

Tape

Chirping
Oct 20, 2020
Greetings,

One of our ducks was recently attacked by a fox. She is getting better, but she is constantly twitching her wings. I've read that this is normal behavior when ducks are too hot, but we just got 6 inches of snow, and it's 15 degrees out, so I'm guessing that she is not overly warm. She is also preening her feathers an awful lot, and proofing her feathers up. I've also noticed some discharge from her eyes. Do any of these things point to a disease, or is she just being strange?

Could you post a video? To post a video, upload it to youtube or Vimeo, then copy/paste the link here. Could you also post a few pictures of her eye?

Sure, here is a video of her wing twitching,

And here is a picture of her eye,

IMG_0193.jpg

Wow, that is a beautiful duck! What type? It's hard to see discharge from the eye, but I have used terramycin for an infection on my duck's eye before and it cleared it right up. Maybe if her problem persists you could try that. It doesn't look bad though. Regarding twitching, I have one duck that will do that regardless of the weather, seems that it might happen for awhile after she's been out of the water and is done preening. But you'll know best if this is excessive and new behavior for your duck. Hopefully someone else can chime in. How long ago was the fox attack and where were her wounds? Maybe this has something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom