WINNERS ANNOUNCED~DUCK CONTEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1224.JPG

These are my 2 mud puppy Buffs. they are 2 yrs old.

1F7CBD21-10A5-4221-BA7A-56E3B06F50DA.jpeg

Names: Margie (2 yr. old female Pekin) and Daphne (2 yr. old female Rouen).

I have loved ducks for years and have taken care of them for others, but it wasn’t until this spring that my husband and I were able to open our home and hearts to our own ducks. At their former home, Daphne and Margie were the only surviving ducks after a Fisher attacked their flock. Their owner decided to re-home them and that’s how they ended up with us. Margie sadly passed away this summer after a brief illness. Daphne has become the surrogate mother to two feisty Muscovy ducklings.

Daphne enjoys hunting frogs, eating mealworms, swimming, and quacking loudly. When really excited, she can fly several feet!

In the morning, just after I wake up, I call to Daphne through my window and she responds with enthusiasm. We then have a morning breakfast and mealworm routine. At the end of the day, watching Daphne and the other ducks is a great way to relax.

Trying again!
This is Kwackers. She is a two and a half year old Khaki Campbell hen. She is special because she trusts me more than any of the others. She was one of my first two ducks and we have bonded. She will hang with me as I clean and feed and run to me if the bully Drake comes after her. She also is an amazing layer. She gave me an egg a day for over a year and a half only skipping a handful of days. She is not the most beautiful duck outwardly but she is beautiful to me.
A88E5E48-0D29-4500-B415-D43512221268.jpeg

My entry number two. This is Salsa. He is a two year old half Khaki Campbell, half Silver Appleyard drake. He was in the first batch of eggs I ever hatched in an incubator. He pipped the wrong end of his egg and did not hatch on his own. After two days without progress I intervened using instructions on this sight. I slowly peeled away shell every few hours. I was surprised that he survived but glad he did as he is my sweetest drake. He has two girl friends who he treats very well and has fathered several beautiful, sweet ducklings which I hatched in the incubator in my classroom (teacher).
69D06AE8-8C9B-422E-8883-C8B217DDA0C7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom