duck dilemma!

Quote:
hmm.png

I shouldn't have lol'ed, but I did.

You're horrible.

I lol'ed too. Barbarie loves to remind us pet owners that ducks are yummy.

Pretty cool though that someone cares for an eating bird with the same sort of kindness as pet owners (maybe even better than some pet owners). I have a great deal of respect for that and would much rather eat Barbarie's ducks than the birds that come through the market.

To the OP, you won't be able to put the new duckling immediately in with the 3 week old duckling. The size difference is huge and the little guy will get picked on. Please reconsider finding a duckling on craigslist or something.

Quote:
how is a friendly duck a problem lol was that a typo did you mean unfriendly?

Quote:
how is a friendly duck a problem lol was that a typo did you mean unfriendly?

ducks are hypersexual animals...

oh right
hmm.png

If it is a single duck it will get pretty attached to you. I hatched just one in my classroom. Every time we left the classroom the duck would start quacking. We ended up taking it with us most of the time. I would carry the duck and the students would follow behind. When school was out we gave it to the people who gave us the eggs as agreed and it took it a while to bond with the other ducks. It liked the people and their dog better than the ducks...and always wanted to go into their house. We put a little stuffed animal in the brooder with it, so it would have something to snuggle up with, and I took it home every weekend. It was happy to see me each morning and raised a fit. If I put it on the floor it would follow me around the classroom. It was a little Khaki Campbell.

Tia

Quote:
As the OP stated a "PET" duck..why on earth did you have to toss that snippet in there? Was it really necessary?

Quote:
As the OP stated a "PET" duck..why on earth did you have to toss that snippet in there? Was it really necessary?

It may not have been necessary, but it was funny in a barbaric way. Le Canard de Barbarie tends to be irreverent. I like that. It keeps the conversation interesting.

Back
Top Bottom