duck disease? vitamin deficiency?

I totally forgot about the drinking if cold water and how it too can be a problem.

@duckduckquack Thanks for the picture.

I was also wondering if you could be giving them too much nutritional yeast/niacin.

Do you offer them chick grit? Just noticed you said you are giving them mealworms, if you feed them anything other than their crumble you will need to make sure you are offering grit.

Do you offer them chick grit? Just noticed you said you are giving them mealworms, if you feed them anything other than their crumble you will need to make sure you are offering grit.
How much meal worms are you giving them?
Daily?

Thank you all so much for your replies. Unfortunately our two baby ducks are laying in the Earth now, under some bright yellow sunflower seeds. The other four are looking healthy and growing fast! I'd love to answer these questions to make sure they stay healthy. I only added the mealworms to their diet yesterday, and gave a few handfuls total throughout the day. I didn't provide grit because i often take them outside during the day and heard they can forage their own. Is that true? Thanks for the advice to mix the food and yeast with water to homogenize it. I also ordered liquid niacin that should be arriving tomorrow. Is one more effective than the other?

Thank you all so much for your replies. Unfortunately our two baby ducks are laying in the Earth now, under some bright yellow sunflower seeds. The other four are looking healthy and growing fast! I'd love to answer these questions to make sure they stay healthy. I only added the mealworms to their diet yesterday, and gave a few handfuls total throughout the day. I didn't provide grit because i often take them outside during the day and heard they can forage their own. Is that true? Thanks for the advice to mix the food and yeast with water to homogenize it. I also ordered liquid niacin that should be arriving tomorrow. Is one more effective than the other?
I'm very sorry for your losses. 🙁

Stop the mealworms for now.

They are taking away from the ducklings getting a complete balanced diet.

Overdoing a good thing is just as bad as under doing it so please make sure you are not giving them too much niacin.

Last edited:
Stop the mealworms for now.

They are taking away from the ducklings getting a complete balanced diet.

Overdoing a good thing is just as bad as under doing it so please make sure you are not giving them too much niacin.
Thank you! When/how much should I reintroduce the mealworms to their diet?

Back
Top Bottom