Duck egg hatching with incubator

Apr 18, 2020
Hello there,
I am hatching duck eggs but only one egg hatched and there is another egg and over 28 days and still nothing happens. I did the water test , put it in warm wather , it went to bottom of the water not floating , does this egg still will hatch or it died already. Thank you !

The float test is terribly unreliable. It's much more reliable to shine a light in the fat end to see what's going on. If the duckling has died it will sink towards the narrow end and look very black and lumpy and there will be a yellow watery layer between it and the air cell that's at the fat end of the egg. If it is still full and dark under the air cell there's still hope. If it has pipped into the air cell you will see the shadow of its bill there. :fl

I just went 5hrouth over 48 hours of anxious time. I had 6 eggs and 5 had pipped on day 26 and one on day 27. Then one hatched. They kept going and going and nothing. I was worried but I'm telling you ducks are like watching paint dry. They are so slow. Yesterday I had 4 more hatch and one more little egg in the incubator. Till this morning when he too found his way out. 6 for 6. I'll add some pics but the little kebonnixs 12 incubator I would recommend to anyone that don't want a huge hatch. For around 12 it is very simple to use and worked for ducks perfectly. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom