Duck egg pipped wrong side and shrink wrapped

Okay. I removed some shells on the cracked area and found the beak. Couldn't differentiate the outer and inner membrane since it looked both attached. After seeing the beak, applied the coconut oil on the membrane (outer membrane since Couldn't peeloff the outer) and kept in the hatcher. I found another egg cracked away from the aircell and removed the shell little and found some active veins. Hence kept in the hatcher.. hope all should be okay tomorrow morning. Its night here.

another question- is it fine if the chick is kept in the incubator with 40 percent of the shell is removed and internal membrane surrounding the chick and beak is out in the hole, this is kept for more than 24 hours..

edit. ignore and confgrats. sounds like things are going ok. On the one hand opening the incubator lets all humidity escape but on the other hand you have to make sure the mebranes don't dry too much. If you can add a sponge in a bowl, do that and try to keep the humidity in there more

Okay. I removed some shells on the cracked area and found the beak. Couldn't differentiate the outer and inner membrane since it looked both attached. After seeing the beak, applied the coconut oil on the membrane (outer membrane since Couldn't peeloff the outer) and kept in the hatcher. I found another egg cracked away from the aircell and removed the shell little and found some active veins. Hence kept in the hatcher.. hope all should be okay tomorrow morning. Its night here.

another question- is it fine if the chick is kept in the incubator with 40 percent of the shell is removed and internal membrane surrounding the chick and beak is out in the hole, this is kept for more than 24 hours..
If you would look at my link, you can see that the outer membrane is separate from the inner membrane. You can peel almost half off without harm. Just leave the last part for their final push, which will happen after they absorb the yolk.
Good luck to you and duckie!

Back
Top Bottom