Duck egg pipping at wrong end

When I broke into the tiny hole at the crack a little spot (tiny) came out. I immediately stopped and it dried up. It just seems that now that the shell is open the inside egg liner (sack) is pulling more and more away from the egg.
I cut back the dry hard are around the opening.
The coconut oil seems to be drying fast. The exposed liner of the egg feels rubbery.
Should I put more oil on it?
How much or how wet should it stay?
How long should I wait? I've been watching it for 6 hours an am worried. At this rate I'm expecting the egg will completely pull away and it will be stuck in the sack. Which is what I'm imagining shrink wrapping is.. uggg

@Pyxis wrote this
"This malposition commonly results from an egg being set small end up in the turner instead of large end up, so it is very important to make sure that you are setting the eggs correctly in the turner. In this malposition, the chick is facing the wrong way in the egg. They will end up externally pipping at the wrong end of the egg, where of course there is no air cell. Just like a Facing Away From Air Cell chick, you will need allow more time before worrying that they are in need of help, and again, they usually can hatch all on their own."

@Pyxis wrote this
"This malposition commonly results from an egg being set small end up in the turner instead of large end up, so it is very important to make sure that you are setting the eggs correctly in the turner. In this malposition, the chick is facing the wrong way in the egg. They will end up externally pipping at the wrong end of the egg, where of course there is no air cell. Just like a Facing Away From Air Cell chick, you will need allow more time before worrying that they are in need of help, and again, they usually can hatch all on their own."
I read his article and egg was set correctly. Thank you for the feed back and warning. I'll certainly make sure to watch this.

Back
Top Bottom