Duck egg please help

anniezhouse143

Hatching
Aug 21, 2023
Hi I’m hoping you can help me . I feed a bunch of Muscovy ducks in yard for the last 4 years . Mom laid 15 eggs on July 12-14 /15 eggs . All hatched and she left two . 1 was empty and one had a baby moving all around . I waited 2 days momm never came back to next in front of my house in bush - I see her in back with all ducklings . I took egg and out in incubator yesterday- I feel baby moving and chirping today is day 35 - based on when I found the eggs in front of my house . Can someone please help me - is something wrong with baby that he can’t get out ?

Attachments

• 43C00A7D-9529-401D-B8A7-01059F583C96.jpeg
    43C00A7D-9529-401D-B8A7-01059F583C96.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 61
Hi I’m hoping you can help me . I feed a bunch of Muscovy ducks in yard for the last 4 years . Mom laid 15 eggs on July 12-14 /15 eggs . All hatched and she left two . 1 was empty and one had a baby moving all around . I waited 2 days momm never came back to next in front of my house in bush - I see her in back with all ducklings . I took egg and out in incubator yesterday- I feel baby moving and chirping today is day 35 - based on when I found the eggs in front of my house . Can someone please help me - is something wrong with baby that he can’t get out ?
Amazing if that egg was left for two days without mom on it. You now have to allow two more days to hatch though. I sure hope it hatches fine for you! Momma will hopefully take it.

Hi there thank you so much - okay two more days - wonderful , I thought today was final day . Yes mom left and I put a camera out by my door and she never came back - 😭 to get back to my front of house is a little tricky especially with the 13 other ducklings . Praying for this little guy !! I will write again in two days - thank you again !!

Amazing if that egg was left for two days without mom on it. You now have to allow two more days to hatch though. I sure hope it hatches fine for you! Momma will hopefully take it.
Hi thank you not sure if you saw my last message I had one question. What if they all hatched 3 days before ? Hi there thank you so much - okay two more days - wonderful , I thought today was final day . Yes mom left and I put a camera out by my door and she never came back - 😭 to get back to my front of house is a little tricky especially with the 13 other ducklings . Praying for this little guy !! I will write again in two days - thank you again !!

It started pipping last night !! :)))) If anyone give me advice on what to do after hatch I know I have to wait till dry and feather fluff. . Thank you

Do you have your brooder set up for it? If not, now is when you should be getting it ready. I fed mine Purina Flockraiser. Ducklings need more Niacin than chicks, mostly for good leg development. Buy some Niacin tablets. Crush one between two metal Tablespoons, until it's a powder. Take a tiny pinch of the powdered Niacin, and sprinkle it on top, then stir it just a bit. One tablet lasts quite awhile.

Back
Top Bottom